- Retraction | ChinaHush – why does chinahush wait until saturday afternoon of the start of the chinese new year's holiday to publish this?//
On July 1st ChinaHush published an internet article written by author by the pen-name Wayne Bruce, stating that Mr. Jamie Shorter was deported from China in May for Internet stalking.
Mr Shorter was not deported from China nor was he dealt with by the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau for any internet or telephone activity.
- CCG Investor Relations (IR) Asia Firm in Beijing, PRC | CCGIR – how many china stock frauds have crocker coulson and his team represented?
- A*L Announces Campaign to Expose and Defeat Threats Against its Contributors « Little Al’s Big Emerging Market Picks – Today we announce that the new mission of Alfredlittle.com (“A*L”) is to expose a small group of Chinese companies that have threatened our contributors’ lives, free speech and privacy. Prior reports unrelated to this group of companies will be removed from the site by 12/31/11. Exposing fraud and corruption in China has made us a lot of enemies. Our contributors are subject to constant physical threats, illegal detention and fabricated police warrants, lawsuits and subpoenas. Fortunately, we have a few powerful benefactors who have the wherewithal to keep the site running forever, if needed, so that our contributors can continue to post reports on corrupt Chinese companies that attempt to forcefully violate or suppress their God-given natural rights to free speech and privacy…
Powerful companies in China, in fact everywhere, loathe free speech and instead demand freedom from criticism. Chinese company Bosses were raised in this tradition and within their individual fiefdoms behave as tyrants always do, finding their critics and silencing them. We have witnessed numerous first hand accounts of this behavior. Our contributors and their agents have been kidnapped, beaten and physically threatened at the command of Chinese company Bosses who control local police and government agencies. In fact, we have evidence of two investigators in the custody of corrupt police right now. Money and power in China can get you anything, from fabricated government stamped tax records to a gun to your critic’s head.
To fulfill the new mission of A*L, going forward we will only publish reports on Chinese companies that continue to attempt, through threats, kidnappings, physical violence or legal process, to silence their critics. All other reports will be removed from the site.
- How They Do It: The White Shoe Lawyers, SkyPeople And The Case Of The Disappearing Documents : The Financial Investigator – When it became more interesting was when Barnes hired China counsel via Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP in August and they couldn’t retrieve the documents because they had been removed. Well, not all of them, to be fair, just the 2009 SkyPeople income statement and balance sheet which were what he had centered much of his analysis on, as well as documents from several subsidiaries where he had alleged self-dealing occurred.
And that’s where it got really curious.
Because whoever was behind the SAIC document caper hadn’t known that there were ample footnotes throughout the remainder of the SAIC files, all of which refered back to the sums and line-items that Barnes had used in the Absaroka report. In other words, Barnes was still on solid legal footing, readily able to cite official Chinese documents to support his claim of SkyPeople’s having two sets of books, albeit with a whole new level of sixth-grade quality intrigue mixed in.
The backstory would soon become the main issue when, on July 25th, another lawyer Akin Gump had hired in the city of Zhouzhi to pull documents on various SkyPeople subsidiaries and transactions received an anonymous phone call on his cell phone demanding to know why he was conducting an investigation and whether he planned on suing SkyPeople.
On August 1, another person called the Absaroka lawyer and told them to drop the investigation or else the caller “Would come down hard on [the lawyer.]”
- Roubini Sees ‘Significant’ Slowdown in China – Bloomberg – China’s economy will slow in 2012, prompting policy makers to reduce interest rates and loosen lending restrictions, said Nouriel Roubini, the economist who predicted the 2008 financial crisis.
“It’s going to be a significant growth slowdown this year,” Roubini, co-founder of Roubini Global Economics LLC, said in a Bloomberg TV interview today. “Housing is deflating. Export growth is slowing down. If they don’t do something — stimulus in monetary and fiscal credit — the risk is that the growth will slow down well below 8 percent.”
- AsiaInfo Surges Most Since August on Buyout Proposal From Government Fund – Bloomberg –
- Apple, America and a Squeezed Middle Class – NYTimes.com – It isn’t just that workers are cheaper abroad. Rather, Apple’s executives believe the vast scale of overseas factories as well as the flexibility, diligence and industrial skills of foreign workers have so outpaced their American counterparts that “Made in the U.S.A.” is no longer a viable option for most Apple products…
Apple executives say that going overseas, at this point, is their only option. One former executive described how the company relied upon a Chinese factory to revamp iPhone manufacturing just weeks before the device was due on shelves. Apple had redesigned the iPhone’s screen at the last minute, forcing an assembly line overhaul. New screens began arriving at the plant near midnight.
A foreman immediately roused 8,000 workers inside the company’s dormitories, according to the executive. Each employee was given a biscuit and a cup of tea, guided to a workstation and within half an hour started a 12-hour shift fitting glass screens into beveled frames. Within 96 hours, the plant was producing over 10,000 iPhones a day.
“The speed and flexibility is breathtaking,” the executive said. “There’s no American plant that can match that.”
- 老师驾车撞劫匪致1死2伤属见义勇为 将免刑责_新闻_腾讯网 – award 4 guangdong man who chases down thieves fleeing on a motorcycle, kills 1
- CRAMER IS RIGHT: The Hedge-Fund Tax Loophole Is Outrageous –
- Best Wishes for the Lunar New Year from President Obama | The White House –