"Sinocism is the Presidential Daily Brief for China hands"- Evan Osnos, New Yorker Correspondent and National Book Award Winner
You can subscribe to a free email of this daily post here.
- Chinese scientists finish sequencing Genghis Khan descendant’s genome – Xinhua | English.news.cn –
- Joint sea & air patrol in East China Sea – Xinhua | English.news.cn –
- 人民日报-社交网络管理是各国共同课题 – Today’s People’s Daily p3. Management of Social Networking Sites is an issue in every country
- 唐季礼之谜 上海“东方好莱坞”开发争议 – 宏观 – 21世纪网 –
- 用车：坐豪华奥迪的局长们 – 宏观 – 21世纪网 – Bureau Chiefs who ride in luxury Audis
- China 2012 Metals Demand to Grow at Slower Pace, Group Says – Bloomberg –
- Famous Speeches from Abundant World – VACLAV HAVEL SPEECH A contaminated Moral Environment
- U.S., China embroiled in trade spat over chicken feet – The Washington Post –
- Backlash from Beijing raises fears that China’s economy is slowing down | World news | The Observer – China is tightening trade policy and imposing punitive import taxes – a clear indication, say experts, that it fears an economic ‘hard landing’
- China Debts Dwarf Official Data With Too-Big-to-Complete Alarms – Bloomberg –
- China Tells Police to Better Address Citizens’ Complaints – Bloomberg –
- Just How Vulnerable To Attack Are U.S. Drone Operations? | Digital Dao – The most important outcome from Iran’s capture of the RQ-170 should be an indepth vulnerability assessment of both U.S. intellectual property and operational vulnerabilities of our Unmanned Aerial System aircraft. This must include an international analysis of partnering companies like Boeing – Mitsubishi, Lockheed Martin-BAE, Insitu-ADASI, and many others. The worst outcome is blind denial that Iran or other U.S. adversaries is capable of compromising U.S. drone operations
- China’s Cutthroat Internet Competition. Foreigners Need Not Apply? : China Law Blog : China Law for Business –
- Chinese Etymology –
- On Assignment in Bagan, Myanmar – Slide Show – NYTimes.com –
- A Pocket of the Past in Battambang, Cambodia – NYTimes.com –
- slight paranoia: Commerce Dept: export licenses for intercept tech have “exploded” over last 2,3 years– Earlier this year, the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security held a two-day Conference on Export Controls and Policy. It included a workshop specifically focused on the rules governing the export of encryption technologies (which include intercept equipment). The full transcript can be found here: part 1 (pdf), part 2 (pdf).As a non-lawyer, and non-expert in export control regulations, I was pretty surprised to learn that the government already strictly regulates the export of covert communications surveillance technology. What this means, of course, is that the Commerce Department already has a list of every foreign buyer of US made covert surveillance technology. Unfortunately, they won’t provide this information to the public, and as far as I know, they won’t provide it in response to FOIA requests.
- Beijing’s suburban county to build a billion-dollar English-only European town | Ministry of Tofu 豆腐部 –
- Overview of PBoC Instruments | Institute for New Economic Thinking –
- Interday and Intraday Movement of USDCNY | Institute for New Economic Thinking –
- Luxury Real Estate: Embracing Old Shanghai in a French Concession Lilong – WSJ.com– At work,Melissa Lam, general manager and chief financial officer of language-training company English First, has been busy coordinating the firm’s move to its quirky, Western-style China headquarters. The offices have meeting rooms shaped like birdcages and a beanstalk-like pole that punches through leaf-shaped holes to connect three floors.At home, Ms. Lam and her husband, Steven Bourne, tried to do the opposite, buying and renovating a traditional “lilong” house that was built in 1936, when Shanghai’s financial and artistic influence was at its peak.
The couple paid $875,000 in 2006 and spent a further $170,000 on the renovation. Real-estate agents say smaller versions of the couple’s home, at around 1,600 square feet, might go for $1.5 million, while larger ones fetch more. A renovated, 3,455-square-foot house in this row is currently listed at $3.9 million, according to Oliver Holl Sun at SHPlace, a Shanghai-based real estate agency.
- China Air and Naval Power: Reflecting PLAN in 2011 – 2011 has been a really hectic year in PLAN world. Although I have personally not had a chance to post as many updates, this years has seen non stop activities around different shipyards. When I write annual reviews like this, I’m almost afraid that I will miss an important part. As I wrote previously, the second wave of PLAN shipbuilding activity begun in 2010. The pace has only picked up in 2011. This blog entry will explore this and much more.
- 激情朗诵《敬爱的仓老师》，太尼玛有才了！！！_在线视频观看_土豆网视频 胡狼 风行天下 苍井空 春晚 2011 – 激情
- 快递员招聘薪酬虚高有隐情 高员工流失率成发展瓶颈_中国经济网??国家经济门户 –