- PCAOB budgets for China inspections | China Accounting Blog | Paul Gillis –
- 俞正声近日频曝光引瞩目_多维新闻网 – Shanghai Party Secretary Yu Zhengsheng getting a lot of national media attention lately
- Death scene causes online sensation|China|chinadaily.com.cn – A monk prays for an old man who died from an unknown cause at a railway station in Taiyuan, North China’s Shanxi province, Nov 25, 2011. Witnesses said that the man “slept” for a long time until he was discovered to be dead by a passenger. Then a monk came forward and held his hand as he prayed. This photo, forwarded 38,373 times by Dec 3,2011, was one of the most circulated on China’s popular micro blog weibo.com, and generated hot discussions over issues ranging from the lack of religious belief in Chinese society to the attitude toward death, and apathy among people. Local police are still investigating the causes of death.
- 中国党媒官媒联手“迎头痛击”网络造谣者_多维新闻网 – the anti online rumor campaign just getting started
- 对网络造谣传谣者就应当“迎头痛击”–观点–人民网 – and some nasty words from people’s daily online about killing online rumors. not good for weibo. “Internet rumots are a social drug”//
- 新华网评：让“组合拳”斩断网络谣言的“传播链” – 新华评论 – 新华网 – some nasty words from Xinhua about killing online rumors. not good for weibo $sina
- 颁布新扶贫计划 中共着力夯实执政基础_多维新闻网 –
- There May Still Be Hope For Sharks | Sinocism –
- WildAid | Sharks – up to 73 million sharks are killed every year to meet the increasing demand for shark fin soup
- Chinese Basketball Star Yao Ming Calls For A Shark Fin Ban In China –
- Dusttrak Aerosol Monitors, Dusttrak Dust Flow, Mass Measurement | TSI Performance Measurement – Forget everything you knew about aerosol monitors. The new DustTrak II and DRX monitors are light years ahead of any other. The DustTrak DRX monitor, for instance, is a new laser photometer that simultaneously measures both mass and size fraction – something no other monitor can do. Measure PM1, PM2.5, Respirable, PM10 and TPM simultaneously with no need for size-selective inlet conditioners. When it comes to work comfort and productivity, as well as risk management, don’t you want the best? The new DustTrak II and DRX aerosol monitors simply leave everyone else in the dust.
- Elephant in Room for Dalai Lama: China – India Real Time – WSJ –
- Thuraya satellite devices compromised in Syria-AccessNow – these work in china?
- The China Beat · Reading Round-Up: Richard McGregor’s The Party –
- xinhua-State foreign exchange bank to lend 3 billion yuan to China’s Hollywood – someone getting rich//
BEIJING, Dec. 3 (Xinhua) — The Bank of China (BOC) will give loans capped at 3 billion yuan (473.9 million U.S. dollars) to a leading filmmaking base in east China’s Zhejiang Province over the next three years, according to an agreement signed between the BOC’s Zhejiang branch and Hengdian Chinese Film Industrial Park on Friday.
- Xinhua-China cannot rescue Europe with foreign reserves: senior diplomat –
- Xinhua-Check out J-20 from multi-angles_XINHUANET –
- Senior Chinese leader calls for improving social management using community experience – Xinhua on Zhou Yongkang’s talk
- China leader warns about unrest due to economy – Yahoo! News – The government needs better methods for dealing with “the negative effects” of the economy, Politburo member Zhou Yongkang said in remarks to provincial officials Friday that were published Saturday by the official Xinhua News Agency. Zhou called for innovative approaches to social management — a euphemism for a clutch of policies as diverse as stepped-up policing and unemployment insurance meant to dampen unrest.
- Alison M. Friedman | LinkedIn – Director / Founder at Ping Pong Productions
- Play on Pentagon Papers Goes On in Beijing, but Not a Talk – NYTimes.com –
- Will China Stumble? Don’t Bet on It – NYTimes.com– Rattner looking to China deals because his reputation is shattered in US? Any why is the New York Times giving him space? Friends w Sulbergers?//The frustrating mercantilist approach taken by China — it manipulates its currency and trade rules with abandon — has served it well. It has accumulated vast foreign currency reserves ($3.2 trillion and rising) while blocking access to its market and gaining competitive advantages internationally in everything from solar panels to toys. Congressional saber rattling notwithstanding, China is likely to continue to get away with reforming only slowly.
While China hardly lacks challenges, I am betting on its continued success.
Steven Rattner, a contributing writer for Op-Ed, was a counselor to the Treasury secretary and lead auto adviser. He is a longtime Wall Street executive.
- Chocolate Theme Park Opens In China, Boasts Edible Terracotta Army (PICTURES) –
- China’s Ordos property bust offers warning sign – Yahoo! News –
- China’s Carrier Seen From an Airliner | Defense Tech –
- The war over Kai-fu Lee’s biography – Fortune Tech –
- Alibaba Group testing a new social networking product | Reuters –