"Sinocism is the Presidential Daily Brief for China hands"- Evan Osnos, New Yorker Correspondent and National Book Award Winner
- The myth of Chinese exceptionalism | Stephen M. Walt – In essence, Confucian China did not behave much differently from other great powers in history, despite having different culture and domestic institutions. As realism suggests, the anarchic structure of the system compelled it to compete for power, overriding domestic and individual factors.
Thus, Chinese history suggests that its foreign policy behavior is highly sensitive to its relative power. If its power continues to increase, China will try to expand its sphere of influence in East Asia. This policy will inevitably bring it into a security competition with the United States in the region and beyond. Washington is getting out of the distractions of Iraq and Afghanistan and "pivoting" toward Asia. As the Chinese saying goes, "One mountain cannot accommodate two tigers." Brace yourself. The game is on.
- $1B of TSA Nude Body Scanners Made Worthless By Blog — How Anyone Can Get Anything Past The Scanners « TSA Out of Our Pants! –
- The Navy’s Newest Sub-Hunter | Defense Tech – In all seriousness, the P-8 is a big leap for the Navy, the plane is going to work with UAV’s such as Northrop Grumman’s RQ-4 GLobal Hawk-based Broad Area Maritime Surveillance jet to hunt down subs and probably anything else on the high seas and in the “littorals”.
- Riding the Dragon – By Trefor Moss | Foreign Policy – From the Norwegian Coast Guard to Israeli drone technicians, 8 surprising winners of China's massive military buildup.
- What China’s Talking About Today: Is American Citizenship Still Desirable? – Massoud Hayoun – International – The Atlantic –
- Chinese blogger detained before exposing crime links – Yesterday morning, the Chongqing property developer Zhang Mingyu hinted on his microblog he had new information to help outsiders understand ''the jigsaw puzzle around Wang Lijun''.
Earlier he blogged that a Chongqing official committed suicide on Saturday in his luxury compound. The official was a close associate of Weng Zhenjie, a local businessman and official who Mr Zhang and other entrepreneurs have publicly labelled the true godfather of the city mafia, although he was not one of 4500 detained in the anti-mafia campaign.
Mr Weng was a frequent social partner of many senior Chongqing officials including the mayor, Mr Huang.
But yesterday afternoon Chongqing police broke through the front door of Mr Zhang's Beijing apartment before he could detail further allegations, said Mr Zhang's lawyer, Pu Zhiqiang.
- Alibaba Climbing, Google Slipping, in China’s Online Ad Market | Tech in Asia –
- Chinese businessman acquires US bank for $60 million – People’s Daily Online – or not
- 林春平收购美银行疑点重重 网友指其忽悠_银行首页_行业动态_新浪财经_新浪网 –
- 两会期间重庆人大代表张明渝在北京被控制 – 3月7日下午3点，重庆市第三届人大代表张明渝在北京亚运村汇源公寓1207室，遭到来自重庆当局有关人员的控制，现下落不明。
- Diageo Bets on China’s Homegrown Baijiu – Scene Asia – WSJ –
- 卫生部副部长：死囚是我国器官移植主要来源_雅虎资讯 –
- FT Global Conferences & Events:FT Digital Media Conference 2012 2012: | Overview – no speakers from china? 1 world, 2 internets
- 阿里聚划算反腐背后：员工个人公司交易千万_互联网_科技时代_新浪网 – more employee corruption at alibaba, this time at group buying unit juhuasuan
- 中国在利比亚项目损失惨重 商务部望利方赔偿_新闻_腾讯网 –
- Disgraced Police Hero Wang Lijun Branded a Traitor | SCMP.com – of course. regardless of who is happy wang helped damage bo xilai, the party has to circle the wagons, make sure no one else gets a similar idea//
Government condemns former Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun as a traitor to his country and the Party
- Wang Lijun And Bo Xilai | Sinocism – Wang probably knew he was a dead man and decided to ensure Bo went down with him, and he understood that delivering incriminating and/or embarrassing material to the US would ensure that Bo’s political ascendancy was over, regardless of attempts at damage control and jockeying.
Given Bo’s prominence and family background, we should not expect him to be arrested, or for any sudden moves made against him. More likely there is some meaningless title in his future, and business difficulties ahead for his wife and children.
- Holder’s Terrorism Talk Leaves the U.S. in the Dark on Drone Strikes: View – Bloomberg –