- Architect: Beijing airport damage not design flaw – Yahoo! News –
- Alibaba.com Grows Revenues And Profits, Misses Expectations | TechCrunch –
- China Tests Buddha-Tooth Diplomacy in Myanmar – China Real Time Report – WSJ – When China wants another country to feel all warm and fuzzy, it sends a panda. But Myanmar gets something special: A sacred Buddha tooth.
- Wind rips open Beijing’s terminal roof|Society|chinadaily.com.cn – BEIJING – The building of the third terminal (T3) at the Beijing Capital International Airport had part of its roof ripped open by a strong wind on Tuesday night, the second time in a year, leading to increasing doubts on the landmark building's resilience.
- Chinese Tea Offers Investment Alternative to Wine – Video – Bloomberg –
- [1111.4297] Battling China’s Internet Water Army: Detection of Hidden Paid Posters –
- Sino-Forest’s Probe Won’t Address Timber’s Value – WSJ.com –
- China’s Wild West – By Megha Rajagopalan | Foreign Policy – A two-hour drive north of Beijing's oppressive smog and colorless high-rises, the town provides a surreal sense of escape. Jackson Hole, whose Chinese name literally translates to "Hometown U.S.A.," now consists of about 900 single-family homes with working fireplaces, wooden facades and landscaped footpaths. Still under construction is a primarily commercial section dubbed Teton Village, which will include a stage for cowboy stunt shows, a gold-panning area for children, and even a church. The resort's website shows images of all three, set to a lively banjo soundtrack.
Subscribe to the Free Sinocism China Newsletter! Enter Your Email In The Box Below And Start Getting Smarter About China.